View Single Post
Old
12-12-2012, 06:37 PM
EvenSteven

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
I'm hearing that Meighan has been offered to a few teams. That does not make me happy. The kid is stellar on faceoffs, has shown great chemistry with Bailey/Pederson (albeit in very limited ice time together), and is one of those players I wouldn't want to see develop into a Scott Timmins type player with some other team.

I'm not happy about that either. As far as I'm concerned, I think Meighan can become another Scott Timmins and in the few shifts he's had with Pederson and Bailey, he does have decent hands. I would expect that next year, with more icetime with players other than 16 year old rookies he's been playing with most of the time, he can put up the same numbers and play the same role that Timmins did at the same age. I see Meighan as possible captain material in his OA season.

If you're going to offer a '94 forward, why not offer Marcantuoni? He's been given many opportunities now and hasn't started putting up points. I think it's evident now that what we've gotten out of him in a Ranger uniform is all we're going to get.

MM is a prime player for a change of scenery. Using that sales pitch, Spott would likely get more in return for him than he would for Meighan. It's not like we're going to miss his offense.