View Single Post
Old
12-12-2012, 06:55 PM
jimmythescot

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabresfan129103 View Post
Has anyone seen the Game of Thrones mod for Crusader Kings 2. If that game goes on sale during the Steam winter sale (which it should) I might get it. Although CK 2 is the most complex game I've ever played. After playing the demo for an hour or 2 I still have no idea what I'm doing.

Love CK2. I tried the Game of Thrones mod, and it's really well done, but I find the vanilla game more enjoyable.

My second game I started as a minor Baron in Scotland, and the day my original character's great grandson usurped the crown of Scotland through careful breeding/treachery was followed by me jumping up and down like I'd just won the Stanley Cup irl.

Then I realised that I now had to worry about the rest of my vassals doing the same to me while now also having to worry about the bigger picture (England and Norway). Keeping a nation together and peaceful is hard enough and any territorial gains should be greatly cherished (taking over part of Ireland and Wales was treated the same as taking 50 provinces in a Total War game).

The first play through should be seen as a tutorial, really. You won't understand what's going on, but by the second time you play things start to make sense.

As you can probably tell, I highly recommend it if you're into intrigue.