Thread: Speculation: More Luongo Talk
View Single Post
Old
12-12-2012, 08:11 PM
TmlHockeyFan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
The more and more I think about it, the more I feel that if Burke can't get Luongo for a song (decent price) than I'm fine with looking elsewhere.

If this season is a wash, and it's looking that way more and more, than there will be a number of UFA's available in the offseason. I'm hoping we can target Getzlaf and Thomas. Yes, Tim Thomas (obviously Getlaf). Tim would be perfect for us. He's still an amazing goalie. He got to have his year off and he would most likely only want a one or two year deal as he's 38 now and 39 in the spring. I think he'd be a great mentor for Reimer. Reimer could continue to develop under Thomas, and not have to wait too long before the #1 spot was his, as suppose to having Luongo in front of him. And Thomas has a cup ring to boot.
Honestly, Thomas would be better to have as a short term solution. Neither Luongo and Thomas are there for long-term. Thomas is less risky because he doesn't have an insane contract. Not only that, Thomas proved himself to be a better goaltender (although he's older).