View Single Post
Old
12-12-2012, 09:27 PM
hersky77

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by attackfan71 View Post
im really confused i keep hearing how canada needs a goaltender that is calm and cool under pressure and how we need a goaltender that can step up his game on the big stage and in those games that really matter. now can someone pls tell just what has subban won? show me pls were he has been tested under the spot light and with the pressure clearly on his shoulders? i know binnington has led his team to an ohl championship with 2 older and supposedly better goalies on the team failing under the pressure in the final series! he then went on to be named galie of the tournament in the memorial cup that year! i also know brossoit has led his team to the whl championship and into a memorial cup tournament. and before i hear all the subban fan club start to tell me how these 2 goalies had a better team to paly on then he did pls ask your self another question how many teams do you see win the championship with a goaltender they do not have confidence in? your goalie is 9 times out of 10 one of the main reasons you have that chapionship ring on your finger. so again i ask what has subban won that makes him the best gaotender in canadian jr hockey today?

Its all about pedigree, Im not saying brossoit is a bad goalie, on the contrary he is a great goalie. But Subban has the pedigree that broissoit doesnt have

1) first round draft pick
2)Best Canadian goalie that is eligible to play in this tournament in the ohl
3) plays on a bellville team that relies on him and they are doing quite well with him in nets
4) Has the flair like PK does
5) was great in the summer series

I feel having having a 1-2 tandem of him and brossoit is the best thing for team Canada. Im just at a loss of words for people are saying he should be cut for a lackluster 30 minutes.