View Single Post
Old
12-12-2012, 09:35 PM
thefeebster

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanHortonHearsAWh View Post
Can someone explain why Corrado wasn't drafted earlier than the 5th round? Injuries? Size? I've heard nothing but good things since we drafted him and was wondering why he wasn't picked sooner.
I actually had him on my list that year (Not lying, look it up on here!). He actually had defensive question marks, specifically positioning and coverage in front of the net. There were questions with his decision making defensively and his offensive upside. At the time, he was a good puck mover, but did not look like the kind of guy you could put on your top PP and depend on him. He was on the PP at the time, more due to the lack of offensive d men for the Wolves. Add on to that very average size and a light build, its not exactly a great package, but he still skated as well back then as he does now. He was raw, a project and a high risk kind of player. That is why.

Something happened during that offseason and our camp. He really settled down defensively and plays so much smarter. He grew, put on some size and strengthened his shot. He developed into a much more well rounded player, such as the one we see today. Josh McFadden hogged all of the PP time while he was there, and rightfully so, the only thing he can do is PP. So this is Frankie's first year of being the main guy on that PP, that's partly why we are seeing such a big jump in points this season.

thefeebster is online now   Reply With Quote