View Single Post
Old
12-12-2012, 09:46 PM
OHLTG

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
So Camara 9g 5a in 31 games with Barrie would have elevated Plymouth past London?

Spooner went for Kujawinski a possible 1st round NHL pick. It's not like Plymouth had the pieces to pull off a deal like that.

You're grasping at straws. I would take 2 Memorial Cups if Windsor didn't get those sanctions but that has changed my outlook. Immediate success for 5 years of upcoming pain? Count me out.
A physical power forward could have certainly helped against London. Given what he's doing this year, and knowing Plymouth's tendency to play a physical game, who's to say he wouldn't have put up better numbers on the Whalers?

As for Spooner - Hartman on Plymouth is rated right with Kujawinski. You could have had a Hartman for Spooner deal straight up.

As for the Cups...I'd take the Cups in a heart-beat. We had a strong year after and, despite a couple of questionable years, it's been a fun ride. I'd take two Cups and a few years of "this could be interesting" over "we're great, but we haven't won anything" in a heartbeat. The experiences from Rimouski and Brandon more than made up for it.