View Single Post
Old
12-12-2012, 10:34 PM
Vagrant
The Czech Condor

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Vagrant
The very definition of frustration is the reality that the players have lost more income for the 04-05 lockout and the 12-13 lockout than they will EVER earn in percentage points, "making whole", "rollbacks", or any other such ******** sticking points of this negotiation. The fact that teams are actually financially in better shape due to not playing games is a depletion of leverage for the ENTIRE union, not just the players that play for those teams.

A good negotiation gets you terms better than were offered initially. A bad negotiations ruins faith on both sides and ruins the company. For an activity that is so dependent upon fan support to create these ungodly budget numbers they are projecting, we certainly have no voice in the conversation. This is like watching an election debate in which you ultimately never get to vote.

I can say with the utmost confidence that this is the last lockout that my fandom will endure. I don't care if it's next year, the year after, or ten years down the line when the next CBA gets signed if it ever does. I will no longer support the tantrum. I have already written this season away as totally lost and have all but stopped following it unless by accident.

Vagrant is offline   Reply With Quote