Old
12-12-2012, 11:29 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan the caddy View Post
I don't think an owner can be influenced by a commissioner the same way a player can be influenced by a union boss. One is significantly more aware of the situation than the other. Didn't the owners vote 30-0 for the lockout?

At the end of the day, the owners are going to get everything they wanted. Fehr lost half a season+ for basically nothing.
Yet reportedly Snider wasn't all that happy with the lockout. He still couldn't do anything. I think Bettman actually has an easier time controlling/influencing a fairly small group of owners compared to Fehr trying to control hundreds of players, many of whom are watching their time disappear possibly for good, and who can speak publicly without immediate repercussion. It was reported a while ago that owners' meetings essentially consist of Bettman giving them a presentation about what they're going to do...and that's it. There's no discussion or questions. Apparently Bettman and the BoG decide what to do and then just tell the rest how it is and there's almost nothing they can do.

So, let's not act like the players are the only group here "brainwashed" by their chosen overlord.