View Single Post
12-13-2012, 12:41 AM
+/- =Worst Stat EVER
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by EdTheSabresFan View Post
No you're cute. Indonesia is not a good example.

What an uneducated, completely lol-worthy response...I actually laughed out loud reading what you wrote.
Actually, my point was that "you can't paint Asia in such a broad stroke". Indonesia, India, Laos, Cambodia, Myanmar, Malaysia, Philippines, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Bangladesh... that's maybe 1/5th of the world's population right there. All in Asia. All countries where internet lags so far behind the rest of the world it's ridiculous.

The developed nations in Asia? Sure thing. But "Asia" is far too large an area, and too populous, to lump together as either "good" or "bad" in any one area.

So you can take your "uneducated, lol-worthy response" comments and shove them up your arse.

Also, according to the list you provided (Net Index), Hong Kong, Japan, Singapore, South Korea and Taiwan all rank in the top-10 worldwide in MBPS. They are far and away the top Asian nations on the list.

Those 5 countries combined also only account for ~5.4% of Asia's population. And 1.4% of it's total land mass. (in fact, on that note, look at the population density of the top 9 countries on that mbps list... there's one fairly common denominator in play.)

The next highest Asian country on the list is Mongolia, at #43. They also have a population smaller than Vancouver, though. China doesn't break the top-60 on that list. Most of Asia is in the Dark Ages of the Internet.

You say "Asia is so far ahead of us".
I say "less than 6% of Asia is so far ahead of us. The rest of them are so far behind that the difference is staggering".

Last edited by BonkTastic: 12-13-2012 at 01:18 AM.
BonkTastic is online now   Reply With Quote