View Single Post
Old
12-13-2012, 01:42 AM
Tiranis

vCash: 500
This is just a sampling of comments about Dumba's skating:

Quote:
Dumba is a slow skater if he wants to make this team he is going to have to move those feet. On numerous plays i saw the forward skate around him and he just couldn't keep up.

THIS! I have been telling people this for years and no one has believed me

He reminds me of Phaneuf so much. Big hitter, big shot, has a few brain cramps at times. And like you said slow skater.

Dumba skates fairly well in one direction, but his backwards skating, lateral movement, etc. are all average or below average.

For me, Corrado or Dumba are that guy. Dynamic, able to play a shutdown game if needed, and also are able to contribute offensively if that is required of them as well.

Yeah... not like that for Dumba if he wants to make it. Not like that.

Dumba and Pelech....two of the slowest skaters lol

The only one I dont want to pick is dumba. I think hes the type of d-man that needs big minutes to play well. He has a below average IQ, so if his confidence takes a blow too due to low minutes he will probably be a train wreck for us.

Wow, Dumba is so not in this game. And his skating is getting exposed big time. Horrible.

Dumba looking slow

Corrado looks good to make the team right now, Dumba and some of the other defensemen have sucked.

Also looked like Dumbas lost out there from what I saw, does anyone actually think he makes this team?

Dumba will stay (for now at least) because Spott loves him, not based on his play so far.

Dumba has been downright brutal, constantly getting skated around when skating backwards — horrible mobility in this game.
Last-year pre-draft on a Flames blog:

Quote:
Dumba is a bad skater. Well, let me clarify. He has wheels in one direction, forwards. His agility is pretty terrible because he skates like a knock knee'd stork.
Wild blog post-draft:

Quote:
MINUS: Matt Dumba—After being drafted #7 overall by the Wild less than a month ago, Dumba stated that his goal was to make the Wild’s roster THIS season. Well, he definitely has a strong north-south game and can finish when trailing on the rush, but I’m afraid he will have to vastly improve is backward and lateral skating before playing in the NHL.