View Single Post
Old
12-13-2012, 03:00 AM
dackelljuneaubulis02

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
My first choice is for Galchenyuk to go to the AHL, but that option is not available.

However, now that I've thought about it, even though he is not suited for the Plekanec line and there is too little ice time on the Eller line, the 1st line might be a good idea. Galchenyuk at one end, Pacioretty at the other and DD in the middle. The sheltered minutes would put him in a position to succeed, and pushing Cole down the 2nd line would balance the lineup.

It's a good possibility. If there's a season I hope the 9-game tryout doesn't interfere with the WJC.
I honestly think he'd be a good fit for any of the top 3 lines. Let's say he doesn't play this year and he starts the one after. He could end up on a line with Eller and LL which I think would be a really fun one to see. Even playing with Pleks and Gio could be a pretty dynamic 2nd line. Your suggestion would probably be best case scenario and could turn into a hell of a 1st ine.

If Galchenyuk plays this year, I think he'd have a similar year to the one Eller just had with maybe a few more assists and maybe a couple less goals (and I mean on a PPG basis of course). If he started next year I think he'd be a 20/20 guy at the very least.

I know there's a pretty good margin of error in these predictions and they err a bit on the positive side but I think he's good enough to pull those type of #s off. His puck possession skills will make us that much better even if the points aren't there right away.