Thread: Speculation: More Luongo Talk
View Single Post
Old
12-13-2012, 03:13 AM
Bleach Clean

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop the Sopel View Post
I don't have a link. I just remember seeing it posted along with the Schenn for Luongo rumours.

Kulemin and a 2nd isn't something worth oulling the trigger on. Kulemin, Biggs and Finn make me think twice though. Still not a great offer but not a terrible one either.

Gillis' best play here is going to be to wait teams out. Losing hockey games is what gets GM's motivated to deal. There just isn't going to be any desperation until teams start struggling.

The rumours at the draft were Schenn for Luongo straight up, and then Kulemin, Komisarek and a 1st (2013) _after_ the draft.

I don't have a direct link either, but this site: http://fans.mapleleafs.nhl.com/community/ still has a reference to it, because I remember seeing it here as well. DG93 is welcome to look for it. I can't be bothered at this point.

I agree with your last point as well. Gillis's best play is carry Luongo into the season, at least for a few games, to show other GMs he's willing to run with both and that there is not arbitrary deadline here. It also makes other GMs acutely aware of their team's weaknesses in net. Thereby solidifying their motivation.