Old
12-13-2012, 07:43 AM
ChadS

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProPAIN View Post
Holy ****! He annihilated him.
Yeah, that was pretty bad.

Apparently the USHL record for penalty minutes is 316 (1996-97) and McKee is now at 156 in 17 games. Lets say he misses 1/4 of the games left due to suspensions, he'll play about 30 more games. So, to reach the 316 he only needs ~5 PIM per game

But it looks like the USHL will start giving out more suspensions if he keeps getting into fights in every game. This is from the Lincoln blog:
Quote:
Lincoln will be without the services of defenseman Mike McKee who was once again suspended by the USHL. This time, the league suspended McKee for two games due to his actions this past Saturday night in Lincoln's 4-3 loss to Omaha. I believe McKee's suspension is due to the fighting major he picked up in that Omaha game, which was his sixth fighting major of the season. The USHL is really trying to crack down on fighting this season, and will be handing out suspensions to players who earn a certain amount of fighting majors. I believe the league starts suspending players when they get to six fighting majors. That's my guess, anyway. I could be wrong. Unfortunately, the league doesn't do a very good job explaining why players get suspensions.