View Single Post
Old
12-13-2012, 07:57 AM
c_robio

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash View Post
I think Drouin has done enough to get the 13th forward and MacKinnon has shown he should be in the top 6. That probably means Shinkaruk is the odd man out. I think 12 forwards are set with RNH, Scheifele, Huberdeau, Strome, MacKinnon, Ritchie, Jenner, Hudon, Rattie, Danault, MacNeill, and Drouin. They probably will want one more big bodied physical player. I'm guessing Camara, so my forward cuts are Lipon, Wilson, Cattenacci and Shinkaruk.

Top 4 are a given on D and Griffin and Frank should get the last two regular spots. Spott will take Murphy, so the cuts are Wootherspoon, Sproul and Dumba. Dumba is only still here based on his pedigree.

I'm not going to guess forward lines anymore because I have no idea what pairings or positions the coach will want to place these guys. I think MacKinnon would do better on left wing than right, but that's just my opinion. If Spott wants to keep Strome with his line mate Ritchie, that stretches the top 6 to a more balanced top 9. So many of these players can play up and down from first to third line, that anything could happen.
Well put , I have the same cuts with these lines

Huberdeau-RNH-Scheifele
Hudon-Strome-Ritchie
Danault-Jenner-McNeill
Drouin-Mackinnon-Rattie
Camara

Rielly-Hamilton
Ouellet-Harrington
Reinhart-Murphy
Corrado

Subban
Brossoit
Paterson

Drouin showed some good chemistry with Rattie so I'm hoping they consider a 3rd scoring line.

Shinkaruk played well but I think he and Drouin are after the same 4th LW/13th Forward spot.

Camara I like at 4th LW if they go with a traditional bottom 6, or with 3 scoring lines he'd be my 13th forward.