View Single Post
Old
12-13-2012, 09:03 AM
punch1943

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by izzys View Post
I talked to my inside guy told for lunch and he told me they r pushing a trade now hard but if it doesnt come before the freeze

early jan you will be some players go

quote un quote - you will like these trades and the players getting moved out you will be happy

anyone else hear about this ?
IMHO As much as I feel that the Spits need to improve, the win streak has probably put off the inevitable trades. As for the Spits they have a week to do a deal before the OHL Christmas trade freeze (Dec 20-27) and they play 3 games in that period. A number of teams have players missing and this is the time the bottom feeders (such as the Spits) need to make hay while the sun shines = grab the points while the getting is good. So I expect trades will be difficult to make until after Jan 5th. If the Spits do poorly in the next 3 games against weakened teams you would expect them to make some major moves Jan 5th -10th.

Here are some dates that you might want to look at if you are wondering if a trade(s) might be imminent....

Dec. 26 to Jan. 5 World Junior Hockey Championship (Ufa, Russia)
Dec. 29 to Jan. 4 World Under-17 Hockey Challenge (Victoriaville/Drummondville, Que.)

Jan. 10 at noon OHL trade deadline

*Restricted trading periods Dec. 10 to Jan. 5 (WJC players); Dec. 20 to 27 (all players) Dec. 27 to Jan. 4 (U-17 players)