View Single Post
Old
12-13-2012, 08:03 AM
Mr Kanadensisk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanji View Post
It's not by chance. The importance of winning games has superseded skill development at the youth level. Our development system is inefficient.
At the end of this article is a cool Q & A with USA Hockey's Kenny Rausch discussing the situation. It mirrors what poster Xokkeu is saying.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/notebook/_/pa...-starts-bottom
I respect his opinion but I still would say this is a natural cycle more than anything else. I don't think there have been that drastic changes in the play vs practice method in Europe and NA in a long time, so I don't believe it would all of a sudden have a huge impact when it didn't in the past. One thing that always cracks me up about the play vs practice argument is that kids don't handle the puck enough in games. Anyone who has watched kids play knows that what happens is there is usually one or two players who dominate and handle the puck way more than anyone else and those are the ones who might have a remote shot at a career in hockey. Practice is critical but no amount of practicing is going to change a pylon into a pro.

Last edited by Mr Kanadensisk: 12-13-2012 at 08:13 AM.
Mr Kanadensisk is offline   Reply With Quote