View Single Post
Old
12-13-2012, 08:48 AM
hockeylegend11

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalers Fan View Post
That is why I think the Whalers should sell some of their older players now -- to build around those younger players you mentioned. I just do not see this group doing anything come playoff time.

The more I think about it, though, the less likely I think that Vellucci will sell off any players. I cannot remember the last time he did this -- he even hung onto Seguin when Tyler was pretty much the entire offense. It's just not in Mike Vellucci's nature.

So, hopefully you guys are right and the team will turn things around after the holiday break. I am not confident it will happen, though. This is the most frustrating Plymouth team to watch in many years.

Regarding Noesen's suspension, does anyone know how that affects his status for the World Juniors? Is he still eligible, and if so, do the OHL games he misses while at the tournament still count towards his suspension?
Re Noesen suspension the ohl website says eligible to return Jan 11 which means to games he is away count
As for the Whales going forward I dont think they will blow it not in Vellucci way of thinking,i do think they need help especially on the back end and in goal,though the 16 year old Nedjlkovic was a great pick in the 6th rd in this years draft appears to have a bright future
Whales are at a crossroads in my view,not shared by some,they dont have enough to win it all,they can try and load up and mortage a good part of their future,they can stand pat and hope for the best,they might grab 1st in the Div to get the 2nd seed,or not and finsh 5,6 or 7,or they can deal off knowing that next yr will be more of a down yr then the previous few and enhance the prospects for next yr
As I mentioned in a previous post,Noesen,Rackell and Aleardi wont be back 3 of their best 6 gone,quite a bite out of their lineup,Meurs,Wilson,Payne,Mistele and Hartman is a nice start,not alot after that,London,Guelph and Windsor just for starters will have most of their scorers back
It will be interesting what Vellucci does
My guess,he stands pat with the exception of tweaking his lineup,he wont go big and he wont blow it up,he will take a chance his lineup is good enough,and we know what happened last yr when he did the same thing