View Single Post
Old
12-13-2012, 10:21 AM
AmerksPuck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjull View Post
Any guesses on how much of how the Sabres have handled Girgensons has been respecting his wishes? And how much is them dictating to him?

I know he has said he had no interest in playing juniors. At least for the team that has his rights. Are there any quotes out there giving us an idea how he feels about not going to world juniors?
I still don't understand why they rushed this kid when he wasn't ready for the AHL, especially with the lockout.

He is the one taking up a spot of a proven AHL veteran forward everyone seems to agree we are lacking. They are forced to play him top 3 lines when he is healthy and doesn't do much outside of forcheck hard and play the body.

He belonged in Hockey East for 2-3 years to develop his game more. If they didn't like the school he was going to - fine, send him to junior hockey for at least a year. He had a good development camp and everyone rushed to get him to Rochester.

I can go through the list of 1st round drafted forwards from 3-4-5 years back who are STILL struggling in the AHL. I don't think it was a fluke that so many defenseman went high in this years draft- the forward pool just wasn't very good- especially on high end talent.

Maybe he will turn out one day (although I don't see it being anything above a 3rd line player)he just doesn't have a top 2 line skill set. And before everyone jumps all over me, YES I know he is still very young....time will tell