View Single Post
Old
12-13-2012, 12:25 PM
Mr Writer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by leafsfuture View Post
So Xavier Oullet will become the 2nd player in as many years to make Team Canada without playing a scrimmage game. Not that I dont think he doesnt deserve to be on the team (because he does) but no offence, but hes not Jonathan Huberdeau

I think its time Hockey Canada cuts the crap with the 36 - 40 players camp and just do what the Americans do, that is bring in 3 - 4 extra forwards, and 2 - 3 extra D.

I know Steve Spott would have preferred this (firstly because he said he wanted a small camp, second because no one was added for Scissons), but you really get the feeling HC wouldnt let that be the case with the lockout
I think you may have a point, especially if you think of the highly competitive nature of trying to win a spot on the team, the intensity you need to bring from the opening scrimmage, perhaps a few players suffer from burnout before the tournament ends when you consider the pressure they have playing the tournament especially in years when it's in Canada. It could explain the inability to finish the past 2 years. The OT game in Saskatoon 3 years ago I don't count... hey they got to OT in the gold medal game, one team had to come out on top, it just so happened the Americans got it done in OT. That's hockey!! I think HC has to reexamine everything they do from time to time and that includes selection camp.