View Single Post
Old
12-13-2012, 11:33 AM
newfy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Barker View Post
I think he means that Ouellet isn't far and away good enough to not have to show a thing at camp. I see what he's saying. Admittedly, I don't know much about Ouellet to make an opinion, but it's pretty high praise to make the team without really skating at all.
Ouellet has been on another level from the guys who are battling for a spot right now. Murphy, Sproul, Corrado etc. havent had seasons as dominant as what Ouellet did last year except for maybe Murphy in his draft year. Ouellet also had a really good summer series and an unreal star to the season.

Hes not on the level of Hamilton or Rielly but hes also a notch above the other guys battling for spots this year. He wouldve only played one scrimmage anyways, a couple super series and that summer series for the russians is probably enough to make a player a lock with the Q seasons Ouellet has had to back up his resume.

I dont think many know much about him because hes in the Q and was a second round pick but his 18 year old season was about as dominant as they get for Q dmen. I think he was like the only Q dman to break 60 points in his 18 year old season in like 5 years, he did it in about 60 games and hes just as good if not better defensively then he is offensively. When he was drafted the wings didnt even think he had much for offense and thought he would just give a good first pass but play shut down d for them. Its changed since then and hes the best Q dman, Dougies the top in the O and I'm assuming Rielly is the best in the dub. Makes sense they would have the top from each league as locks