Thread: Value of: Okposo to SJ
View Single Post
Old
12-13-2012, 11:43 AM
CREW99AW

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
Braun was our 4th best defenseman last season. I'm reasonably confident that he could play 2nd pairing minutes.

I don't like Bailey much, and I'm certainly disinclined to give up Demers for him.

As for the bolded, I think you're forgetting when Demers was our #3 defenseman on the 09-10 team that went to the WCF. His sub-par last season was due to a variety of reasons: The coaches inexplicable love for Colin White, having to play with Colin White when he was allowed to play, or playing on his off side. I see Demers bouncing back in a big way. He's scoring at almost the same pace as Erik Karlsson in the FEL.
I'm not interested in trading a 25 yr old core player for Braun and hope Snow would pass.

and yeah, despite fan comments about the inconsistent Grabner, that is how Snow views him imo.

He's a 25 yr old who's scored 54 goals over the last 2 yrs, who's speed makes him dangerous on the pk.

If Grabner is dealt, imo it should be part of a package to bring in an impact player, not for lesser pieces.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote