Thread: Justin Schultz
View Single Post
Old
12-13-2012, 11:55 AM
simplefan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinnishKulemin View Post
The way Schultz plays, having players like RNH, Eberle, Hall definitely makes him more potent but I seriously think you're understating his game. He's a puck possession type player. He's driving the play. He doesn't need others to be effective.

And of course you can project him to be like Karlsson. Why does what Karlsson's original projection matter? That doesn't make any sense.

Also you do realize that the OKC Barons aren't even in a playoff spot right? And are only 10th best at scoring in the AHL? Not exactly killing it for a team so stacked.
I never questionned his talent level. The way he plays is really impressive. But the only reason I would compare him to Karlsson or project him to be a Karlsson type of player is that his team, thus being stacked, is not really tearing it up. No matter how much you score in the AHL, if you don`t have that extra drive like Karlsson and Schultz have, you can`t translate to the NHL

So like Karlsson, he IS the dynamo of his team in the AHL. If he keeps playing like this, Justin Schultz will be an incredible player. Not many defensemen can be dynamos, heck not many players are so important that if all a team doesnt work, he can win a game by himself.

simplefan is offline   Reply With Quote