View Single Post
Old
12-13-2012, 12:12 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlweir View Post
WildcatMapleLeaf28,

Have you seen Edmundson play? What is your assessment of him? I know he's not in the Q. How about Tesink? Thanks
Yes I had the chance a couple of times last season. He's obviously a huge physical defenceman. He's very strong and a hard worker on and off the ice. He plays a ton of minutes in Moose Jaw in all situations which shows Mike Stothers has plenty of confidence in him. He takes the body and plays a simple game. Clears the front of the net well and has a high hockey IQ. One thing , that comes with almost all big dmen, was he skating and speed. Joel has improved his foot speed considerably since his first season in the WHL. He posseses a good slap shot but needs to improve accuracy. He's never going to be known as an offensive defenceman as he lacks certain offensize instincts but is very solid defensively. He owns his zone while on the ice. He also sacrifices his body at all costs to block shots and has earned alot of respect from his teammates because of that. He'll always be a leader wherever he goes. His upside in my eyes would be a 2nd pairing dman , but I believe he'll settle as a responsible #5 or #6 guy who can be used on the PK. As for Tesink , I wrote about him in the posts above.

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote