Thread: NHL 14: Wishlist
View Single Post
Old
12-13-2012, 01:20 PM
n00bxQb

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post
They need to fix player development in Be A GM. Why is it that I always have some 3 or 3.5 star guy jumping ~15 overall points in a single season (example from today: Alex Biega from 68 overall to 83 overall...After having played 7 AHL games that year and putting up an impressive 3 points), while 4.5 star guys either in juniors or getting quality ice time and putting up good numbers only go up 1-3 points?

Dumb.

Would also love for them to fix the drafting system, so that:
1) you can scout specific players rather than generalized areas. I hate that I'll send my scout to watch forwards the Q for 4 weeks, and at the end know absolutely nothing about MacKinnon or Drouin.
2) you can actually get NHL players after round 2-3. In real life, there are late round diamonds in the rough, late bloomers, etc. As it stands right now, in the game there's pretty much no point in even having 4th-7th round picks because you're lucky if they become AHLers.
Why do 4.5 star guys NEED to develop faster than lower ceiling guys? I disagree with your assessment. Low ceiling players often develop faster than high ceiling players (i.e. Marcus Foligno vs Magnus Paajarvi).

I agree on scouting and the draft, though. Scouting needs to be completely revamped, IMO and I hate what they did with the draft.

n00bxQb is offline   Reply With Quote