Thread: Justin Schultz
View Single Post
Old
12-13-2012, 01:01 PM
simplefan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
In the AHL as long as he had a few good playmakers on his team I'd say that he'd be sitting around the 8-18-26 mark or so and as high as 30 points. He has been a driving force on our club and often times our best offensive player on a team with Hall, RNH, and Eberle. That is not something to be taken lightly IMO.

For the NHL, it's really hard to say. I figured that if he played a full rookie year he would've had the most productive rookie year by a D since Myers. His long terms potential? It's tough to say, he'll be expending more energy on defense at the next level although he probably won't be relied upon as our top PK guy so that could offset it a bit. 30 goals by a D is insane and something that we've only seen from Green in recent years so I would be hard pressed to "bet" on him getting there. That said I could see him being a point/game guy in his prime years if he reaches his full potential and continues to be here with our team full of highly skilled forwards. 20 goals could also be within reach for him in his prime. Now I realize these numbers sound extremely lofty and homerish, but he has shown me enough at the AHL level to make me think that he could get there, whether he does or not will depend on his transition to the next level and how he is able to balance his energy at both ends of the rink.
with the way he's playing, he can finish the year 80 pts

But in the NHL, you expect him to be better than Doughty, Letang, Karlsson, Rielly.
Thats unrealistic.

Having watched him, i see him as a Green type of player which fits in perfectly in Oilets dynamic. He projects to be Karlsson's competition for years.

He will be a 50-70 pts puck moving defenseman, playing top minutes, PK

simplefan is offline   Reply With Quote