View Single Post
Old
12-13-2012, 02:18 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

vCash: 500
A lot more comments plus a defender and another person's view:

Quote:
I don't think so. I think Dumbas a guy a lot of the other players respect and are happy to go to war with. There's def a few others, but he's one of the best. He's a guy that can sense when momentum is going the other way, and then goes out there with a big hit to change it.

Sure Dumba hasn't had the greatest season or been good at camp(Really?) but who else will bring that physicial/big scoring touch ability?

Wow. Dumba was kept yet Pouliot was cut. I don't understand that one bit... but let's see what happens tomorrow. I guess Pouliot fell into the OFD category?

I think Dumba and Wotherspoon are more of the character number 7's

They're giving Dumba a chance, I'm pretty sure they want him in that position playing with Reinhart. He has one game to show he can adapt, he's shown it before and he has to show it now.

I think people need to calm down after today's game. One game isn't going to change my opinion of Subban, Dumba, or anyone really. The U of A players are an older bunch overall, so I wasn't expecting a win to be honest.

Two bad games now. But that's not the problem, it's how Dumba was exposed today. He was burnt to the outside several times and his back skating was downright brutal. He was also out of position most of the time and challenged forwards too aggressively when facing a rush. So it's not that he's having bad games, it's how bad his tools and toolbox look on big ice against this type of competition.

My faith in HC will be over if Dumba makes it over any of the D left or Pouliot even. His physical edge hasnt shown once in camp either and that was his one chance at making the squad.

Quote:
Sorry guys, but Im a season ticket holder in the same division as Dumba. Id wager Ive seen him play much more than both of you combined and especially live.

You can quote stuff youve read if you like, but if it says Dumba is a poor skater, whoever wrote it doesnt have a clue. Parroting it here doesnt change that, all it does is propagate ignorance.

If you know anything about the WHL, you will know that Rhett Rachinski can pick them up and put them down. Im wagering neither of you have seen him play either, although there is an outside chance you may have seen him at the memorial cup last year.

Today he had a clear breakaway, if you were watching and paying attention, and Dumba caught him from behind at the last second interfering with his stick and muffling a quality scoring chance, possibly saving a goal against.

Of all the other dmen in camp, I think only Morgan Rielly could have caught Rachinski from behind. Would you say Morgan Rielly is a poor skater? Because, sorry to say, that is pretty much what you are saying when you call Dumba a poor skater.

People reading that who watch the WHL and know what they are talking about are laughing at those statements right now. Im not kidding.

The defensive part of his game is what is weak. That includes getting caught out of position, or not reading plays well, not having proper position or maintaining gap control etc.

Ive seen Nik Lidstrom get burned to the outside. Does that mean he is a poor backwards skater?

Keep it up if you want, but Im telling you right now, people are laughing at the "Dumba is a poor skater" comments.

Quote:
I think Dumba has amazing forward speed but relatively his lateral and reverse mobility is not as fast.

Relative to most CHL players, he's very fast in all 4 ways.
Relative to his own forward speed, he's a tad slow laterally/reverse.
Relative to some of his blue line competition, he isn't as quick (as some) in reverse/lateral.

So really everyone could be right... in the right perspective.