View Single Post
Old
12-13-2012, 01:21 PM
Thanatos

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Vezina Thomas View Post
Not necessarily true.

The word "radical" isn't limited to strictly the left side. Maybe I should have been more specific, but the term "radical" can mean anything very different than the norm, such as extremist, etc. "Radical right" is even a well known term.

The term "radicalism" is generally known as a lefty word, yes, but the word "radical" (which i meant) is basically something that is far far from the norm (which is exactly what Tim Thomas is, obviously ).

Sure, there's the term 'radical right', but it's a term birthed by liberal special interest groups and a large part of the media.

The 'radical' right exists much like 4-leafed clovers exist. If one goes hunting for them, he'll probably find a handful, but he'll also come across far more 'reactionary' right and 3-leafed clovers during his search.

As far as interchanging 'extreme' with 'radical', I wouldn't do it...not with political matters at least. It's just too easy to be misunderstood if you do.

There is no 'norm' when it comes to national US politics. Centrism(if that's how you define 'norm')fled the national US political scene decades ago. Thomas, Obama, Romney, and the others are all just different facets on the fringes of the US politics.

Thanatos is offline   Reply With Quote