View Single Post
Old
12-13-2012, 01:26 PM
Zip15

vCash: 50
Were there people who expected much from Girgensons in the first half of the season? While I would have preferred for him and/or the organization to have a change of heart about Kelowna, I understood when the decision was made to keep him in Rochester that it was going to be a long, slow road in his first season+, especially against the talent level currently in the AHL. I expect him progress as the season goes on--just as he was prior to his injury, relative to his first few games--and, if the lockout does end and the AHL talent level dilutes, I expect him to finish strong.

And for those seemingly complaining about his offensive skillset or that he won't be anything more than a 3rd liner, the Sabres drafted him to be top-notch, two-way horse at the center position who brings competitiveness and leadership to the roster, and can matchup against the top offensive players in the league. Who cares if he's never anything more than a 45-50 pt player in the NHL? Goal prevention is as important as goal production.