View Single Post
Old
12-13-2012, 01:35 PM
Master Lok

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OilFury View Post
if peckham can return to form then he could turn into a very nice long term bottom pairing/pk guy for us..the guy can pk and is mean so we will see if he can shake off the bad season. unless theres a wow trade involving one of our current d its peckham/klefbom fighting for that last spot imo.. i think peckham starts the season and if he is not returning to form klefbom comes up from the ahl.. and as for prospects we have a lot of great d prospects coming up with marincin/gernat/musil/marincin/fedun even bigos laleggia and davidson i was surprised by his play so far this year i didnt expect that much from him. problem is none of them will be NHL ready for a few years, besides klefbom marincin is the closest one to NHL ready but he needs a good year or 2 to work out his badplays. i'm hoping by the end of the season he does that tho... i wish nelson would switch schultz and marincin up i'd like fedun with schultz and i think it would be best for marincin to not play with schultz as his offensive tools are not getting enough use playing with him
a) use periods and breaks. it makes your post more readable.

b) if a prospect isn't NHL ready for a couple of years, then they're not in the discussion for the NHL this/next year.

The reality is that whoever is the 5th or even 6th defenseman on the Oilers roster has to be decent because as demonstrated over the last several seasons, injuries will take its toll and todays 5th defenseman will play a huge number of games in the top 4.