Old
12-13-2012, 02:47 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CootaRoo View Post
Escrow payments are made for dollars over the HRR split that players received. When a superstar is making 10M in salary in a given year with an AAV of 7M for a cap hit then everyone else in the league is, in theory (assuming players are, league-wide, over the HRR split percentage already), paying escrow on the extra 3M he made.

My point was that cap limits help the second tier players and lower by reducing escrow hits due to superstars on long term, cap-circumventing deals - I never tried to say that it wouldn't affect the superstars' bank accounts because it will.

My issue with that is most players aren't going to have a salary drastically different from their cap hit, and there are other players who's salary is below their cap hit. My guess is that it mostly equals out.

Edit: where does Weber fit in? We've kind of knocked things out of balance with that one, haha. Either he's a nice discount, or other players are covering a lot of his money. I don't know how signing bonuses are classified.

Last edited by Beef Invictus: 12-13-2012 at 02:55 PM.