View Single Post
Old
12-13-2012, 02:58 PM
Cowbell232

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
I hate the drive down from Jersey. When I came here on vacation I would usually just fly, but I've driven a few times, and most recently a little over a year ago when I moved. The worst part is if you get stuck at the merge over by exit 8A on the Turnpike going south. It's only about 40-45 miles into the trip. You don't have to be too lucky to pass through there when it's not jammed up, but then the last toll on the Turnpike before the Delaware Bridge sometimes gets jammed up if you don't got EZpass.

If you make it through the Turnpike trouble free which there's a decent chance you will, then you got DC, and the Beltway. Almost always a nightmare. It's pretty smooth sailing after you through Richmond Virginia until you get to maybe Jacksonville Florida. Occasionally you might run into problems there. Usually most of VA, NC, SC, and GA the only problems I've run into were construction. Not much congestion. Though most of that run is a boring stretch. Really sucks if you have to pee while stuck in traffic for a long time too.
And avoid NASCAR weekends at virtually all costs.