View Single Post
Old
12-13-2012, 02:16 PM
That

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise from the Ashes View Post
The Habs have to draft some scrappy, physical, gritty players with size this draft. If you take a look at our prospect pool almost every player fits the description of a finesse player with good hockey sense and skating ability. Thats well and good, but one of major problems over the past 10 years has been the organizations attempt to use skilled players in bottom six roles. The Bruins and Flyers draft a plethora of differing types of players, as do other good, balanced teams. It is precisely for this need for the combo of grit, toughness and skill that I like Erne as our first round selection. Its looking like we wont be close to the top 10 anyways.

Some of you may disagree with me, but if you observe each teams list of prospects, ours is easily one of the softest in the league. Bruins got Camara and Payne in the later rounds and they are going to be solid third-fourth line players down the road. I like the Vail pick as he is a gritty, rangy center, but we need some Troy Brouwer type players to put on his wing.

Thoughts?
Agree 100%.

It doesn't have to be in the earlier rounds. Powerforwards take a long time to develop, so it's hard to predict where they will land in the draft.

Last year our number one need was skill and I think we filled it. Now it's time to add toughness and this is a great draft to do it. Not just enforcer types though, guys that have untapped potential. From the OHL alone there's guys like Zach Nastasiuk, Nick Moutrey, Jordan Maletta, Dan Vanderwiel and a few others too that all have legitimate upside. I certainly wouldn't be opposed to adding even more skill, but I would be a little disappointed if that didn't come with toughness.