View Single Post
Old
12-13-2012, 02:32 PM
FuriousSenator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkTastic View Post
Well, first of all, the "little Indonesian Village" I'm living in has a higher population than Ottawa does, so if you want to go down this road, I'M the one who gets to play the "small Canadian Village" card on you. But I love my hometown, so let's not get into that.

But aside from that, you're the one who made a phenomenally generalized statement. If you want to say Japan/S.Korea/Taiwan (and two city-states) just say it. You say "Canada lags behind the States, which itself lags behind Europe and Asia"... a statement that is patently, 100% false.

I'm totally OK if you don't want to compare a country like Canada to an entire continent, just don't say that you're going to do exactly that in the first place.

It's like saying "North Americans are good at speaking French". Well, no. They absolutely are not. Only a tiny percentage of them are. Sure, I'll give you the fact that the people who DO speak French speak it very well, but if you meant to say "Canadian East Coasters" are good at speaking french, why'd you drag the 95% of North Americans who don't know a lick of french into the conversation?
Oh Bonk. Will we ever get along?

FuriousSenator is offline   Reply With Quote