Old
12-13-2012, 03:34 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
FAT SLOB

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CootaRoo View Post
I'd say the signing bonus is fully factored into the HRR % split since it has an affect on the cap hit.
Yep, finally managed to get on Capgeek and that seems like the case.

To further discuss, right now Timonen's salary is about 3 million less than his cap hit. That alone cancels out Crosby; I think it's a little short, I'm only eyeballing this, but it's close. I suspect you can line up a lot of these contracts and they largely cancel each other out. The outlier who I imagine doesn't get cancelled is probably Weber. So before that, I don't think players were getting gouged that badly on escrow due to other players' contracts. I don't know what the details of Suter and Parise are. Overall, I think escrow mostly evened out prior to this offseason when owners tried to get a bunch of big players with contracts they'd try to sneak out of. The average player is looking to lose more money thanks to the 50% split and potential contract limit than I imagine they gain with smaller escrow payments. So that might be why they're fighting it.