View Single Post
Old
12-13-2012, 03:14 PM
VOB

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
But it's always tougher to win when you're an all-star team against an experienced team. I remember when the OUA all-stars faced Team Canada two years ago. They lost 6-2.
How very very true. This topic, whether it be the NCAA vs CHL or CHL vs CIS has always intrigued me mainly because of peoples' perceptions.

I remember way back, during the first lengthy NHL lock-out, watching an all-star of NHL players taking on an IHL team, the Detroit Vipers. Guess who won....yeah that's right, the IHL team. Now no one in their right mind would ever suggest that the I was greater than the NHL because of this result but yet posters are using this one game as the definitive barometer of what league is better.

Consider for a moment that this is not a team playing against the UofA (who by the way are an awesome program and could compete against any NCAA or CHL team) but a collection of individual players trying to make a team and from what I saw on the internet, that is exactly how they played.

Yet Alberta did not dominate and were actually out-shot in the game and I would argue that the Canadian team actually had the better scoring chances.

If you insist on using such games as a testament to the superiority of the CIS over the CHL, then what can we make of the CIS' 2-0 loss
today???

VOB is offline   Reply With Quote