View Single Post
Old
12-13-2012, 03:57 PM
HankyZetts
Twi2ted

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Why not wait 8 months and be certain he's more ready next September? We have far more to lose than to gain here. What's the reward...he puts up a 0.6 PPG in 40-50 games?
Playoffs? Galchenyuk accelerating his development in the sense that, with a half year plus playoffs under his belt, he will be that much better next season and the one after, etc.?

Quote:
By already stating to the world they pretty don't value the WJC experience THAT much, they are showing that they are willing to take a risk with his development. So yes, there is reason to be concerned that they are not thinking this with the team's long-term interests and Gally's development in mind.
That's ridiculous. There shouldn't be any doubt about that. They're obviously thinking about the long term interest of the team here. You seem to think that there is some golden rule with prospects, and that because he missed a season due to injury, he'll need to be lagged a year for the rest of his career. He's proved already that the injury is behind him, his timing is back, his legs are back, his conditioning is great. What else is there to fret about here? If he's good enough to play, he should play. WJCs and that crappy Sarnia team have got nothing on the experience he will gain playing and practicing in the pros. You seem to ignore that fact.

Quote:
They've also created media pressure by coming out and saying he'd be at camp. Talk radio here has had plenty of Galchenyuk talk since Bergevin said he'd skip the WJC to come to a camp if there is one. The ''average'' fan now expects Galchenyuk to be on the roster.
So what?

Quote:
I know that Sarnia plays pond hockey basically. Since it looks like he won't be traded, Galchenyuk carrying that team and their flaws to the 2nd round would be a very solid accomplishment for his development.
It would be a nice accomplishment, never argued otherwise, but I'd rather him perform in the NHL.

Quote:
Fine then. I won't try to convince you otherwise on this point. If you can't see how having control of Galchenyuk's rights from age 19 to 26 > having control of his rights from age 18 to 25, I don't know what to add.
You deal with that 7 years from now. If he is who you thought he is, then he's not going anywhere, and him getting a payday is a beautiful problem to have. You think Carolina is mad that they "had" to sign Skinner to such a big contract? I'll bet they are more than happy to have a star player added to the roster.

Quote:
Good example of a kid who, through 3 years of his career, hasn't reached the stardom level people expected. Now why is that? Could it be because he needed more seasoning in the Q? Could it be because he was on a rotten team to start his NHL career?
Could it be that the people you speak of that expected him to reach stardom already, were a little too ambitious? Kulikov is an awesome player, injuries have slowed him the last couple years but he's really good.

Quote:
We all know that's unlikely to happen, Therrien has made it clear as day he's keeping the DD line together and they'll obviously be the #1 PP unit.
Obviously? I don't see that as obvious at all. That line is mediocre at best on the PP. Cole and Pacioretty should be split up on the PP for sure, as neither of them can handle the puck under pressure. They're both suited to be down low crashing the net.

If it were me, my PP would look something like this:
Pacioretty/Cole-Plekanec/DD-Galchenyuk
Markov-Subban