View Single Post
Old
12-13-2012, 05:00 PM
manilaNJ
Optimism: Unwavering

vCash: 500
I had brought this up not too long ago, but I'm pretty torn on the issue - from my own perspective and from the players/owners perspective.

To me, negotiating mid-season and especially during the playoffs can get messy really fast. There is a lot of garbage and nastiness that comes with every CBA.... and I don't want that to ruin the regular season.

Plus there are some significant scheduling problems in the midst of an 82 game season.

Following that, you won't see many owners and players attempt to go head to head when one side is vying for contracts and the other side is trying to woo valuable players over to their team. It's counter productive to both sides.

Even right now, two of the more active players in negotiations, Chris Campoli and Ron Hainsey, have targets on their backs. Campoli is a UFA and Hainsey is in the final year of his contract - there have been reports that people on the owners side of the table have said that it's going to be a rough road ahead for those 2 to pick up a new deal.

You're pretty much left to wait until the market is bone dry and everyone's ready to dig in deep.