View Single Post
Old
12-13-2012, 05:11 PM
LetangInTheSO

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyCrazed101 View Post
I don't think Bettman would be so stupid to jeopardize his job. No season will be cancelled unless there are enough owners to agree to it. As long as there are enough owners to agree to it, then there are enough owners to protect him from losing his job.
Possible. It's also possible that the owners will give him the go ahead to cancel the season, regret that decision later on and make Bettman the fall man. Of course this is wild speculation. I guess I'm predicating my thinking on the thought of Gary Bettman holding a press conference where he is put on the spot to justify the cancelation of an entire season (his 2nd) based on holding out for 5-year contract limits. That thought is so absurd that I would see him being crucified by media and fans alike. I understand (as I hope is evident from my post history) that the players have not played nice in this negotiation, but ultimately the decision to cancel the season is the owners' decision alone. If they really do proceed and cancel the season over these outstanding issues, I see public opinion swingin wildly against them...