View Single Post
Old
12-13-2012, 05:38 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osminator View Post
I couldn't have said it better. I think Talbot started something ridic. like 11 or 12 games in a row, including all 3 of 3 games in 3 nights... Show how much trust they had in him... ufff. I hate to say it, but Missiaen is too big = slow... and no, his positioning isn't good enough to cover for less speed.

So much for Rangers goalie prospects... 1 is a Jeckyll and Hyde in the AHL (Talbot), 2 are in the ECHL (Missiaen and Stajcer), where one of them can barely crack the lineup (Stajcer). Stay healthy Henrik!

It's not fair to call Talbot a Jeckyll and Hyde. Look at the other two goalies. They gave up two extra goals per game on average and a ridiculously low SV%. And yet neither was seen as a bad goalie for the AHL when the season began. It shows just how bad the defense is.

Talbot is overworked. He plays too many games and faces too many scoring opportunities. On a good team, he would've been having a terrific season, but this is a terrible team. Their only quality defenseman (for the AHL level) is Gilroy, and he can't play defense to save a life.

I like Talbot. I think he has NHL potential. Even in college, every year he played on the worst team in the conference, yet held them together, getting them some wins and even into NCAA where they nearly beat the nation's top-ranked team solely due to his performance.

Hopefully next year's team will be better (Lindberg, MSC, healthy McIlrath, Noreau, maybe Fast, maybe a couple of outside signees), and Talbot will be able to show his worth.

Last edited by Beacon: 12-13-2012 at 06:06 PM.