Thread: Proposal: Oilers/Flyers/Coyotes
View Single Post
Old
12-13-2012, 06:04 PM
monkeywrench

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rutkowski View Post
Yes because Doan is a huge marketing failure and Yandle, OEL, Smith or Bödker are nothing but chopped liver.

Tip; they're not and they're rather popular. They got plenty of players that could be marketed as franchise players already, Eberle wouldn't really change that.

How would the trade help?

Gagner had a 47-point year, only 4 more than Yandle who were kinda off at times during the season. He also don't have a defensive upside at all. Eberle provides a lot more points, yes, but he also shot at an abnormally high shooting percentage last season and it's a question if he'll be able to maintain it. However, his defensive upside is lacking as well.

So we gain a 3rd line scoring center, 2nd line on a bad team, and a 1st line winger if we lose our 1b line two-way center and our 1st pair defender and with Whitney gone, #1 PP player. Sure, Eberle will probably replace him there but then without a playmaker for him how efficient will he be?

Then there's the question of Gagner(most likely not) or Eberle will even fit in the Tippett system. It's not a fast, high-scoring system that they're used to and Eberle's main efficiency will be greatly reduced that way.

So yeah, Phoenix really only gain one really useable asset, one stopgap C and one draft pick that they don't really need right now because they're not in a rebuilding phase.

Who is in a rebuilding phase? Edmonton. Keep that draft pick and those two players because we don't need them in Phoenix.

Pretty much this. With Yandle and Hanzal gone I have a hard time seeing the Coyotes reach the playoffs in the next season and probably the one after that unless Eberle have a breakout 90+ point season, something the Coyotes system isn't very likely to provide.
Please read what I wrote, becaused I said Hall not Eberle. Hall has the rockstar additude that no one on Phoenix has to market around. Your are also underrating Gagner and overrating Hanzal

monkeywrench is offline   Reply With Quote