Thread: Speculation: More Luongo Talk
View Single Post
Old
12-13-2012, 06:46 PM
TmlHockeyFan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop the Sopel View Post
Thomas has a couple years left to win a cup and he signs with the Toronto Maple Leafs? The only team to have zero playoff births since the last lockout... I would say there is virtually zero chance Thomas signs with the Leafs.

Same goes for Getzlaf. The Leafs need Luongo if they want a snowball's chance at signing the big centre IMO.

Luongo would do a lot more than stop pucks for the Leafs. He instantly gives credibility back to an organization that hasn't had any in almost a decade. People really overlook this impact.

Never mind the fact the Leafs are littered with pending free agents. Again, Luongo's presence could be the difference between retaining or losing a lot of talent over the next couple years.

To Van- Kulemin, Bozak, 1st
To Tor- Luongo, Raymond
Thomas has won a cup and I doubt Bruins would re-sign Thomas now that they have Rask and Subban. In fact, Thomas might like the politics in Toronto a little more. Which may be why he would want to come here. Getzlaf may sign since Carlyle is head coach. He had Carlyle as a head coach before and Burke as the GM (won a cup too).

You're acting like Luongo is our only option. No, Luongo won't be our saviour. We're going to end up wasting good pieces for a goaltender that is slowly turning to #2 for Canucks. Getting Luongo will NOT make a difference on whether or not we sign a huge centre...

Honestly, I would not give much just to sign Luongo. No prospects and no picks for him. I'd rather overpay Thomas a little than let that happen (couldn't be as bad as overpaying Komisarek).