View Single Post
Old
12-13-2012, 06:50 PM
Nash

vCash: 500
It's pretty apparent that Spott has had Murphy pencilled in for the third line RD all along. I thought that was where Frank fit in best and had Murphy as the seventh PP QB type. Wotherspoon wasn't even on my radar because of it. However, knowing Spott likely was only looking to fill the seventh role, Wotherspoon is a good choice. He and Frank were both steady most of the week and he was good on the PK. He has a bit more size than Frank and just in case Oulette doesn't heal like he should, Wotherspoon can jump in.

For whoever said Frank didn't have a chance on the PK, I seem to remember seeing him out there today making a bad read, getting caught out of position and taking a hooking penalty to put us down 5 on 3. Looked to me like he was motioning/talking to the ref after the call saying he thought the puck went over the blue line, but he should have kept playing until the whistle went. Now one bad play isn't why he was cut, but as good as his camp was overall, he just wasn't what they were looking for.

I was hoping he would make it, but he was an outside chance from the start. I'm still quite shocked on the order of cuts though. I hope they did them based on age and letting the guys who may be there next year be the final cuts. I'd hate to think that Dumba would be the first recall if one of these guys on D gets recalled to an NHL camp.