Old
12-13-2012, 08:18 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

vCash: 696
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash View Post
Other than being off with MacNiell vs Camara and Corrado vs Wotherspoon, this is the roster I had picked. I'm really happy with Spott going for a more skilled fast squad. Also, I hope he plays both 17 year olds as regulars and says goodbye to the top 6/bottom 6 formula. I'd love for him to have success with this and change Team Canada's rigid line system for good. There is no need to have two checking lines when you are the deepest nation for skill in the tournament. Force other teams to defend against our strength.
This.

I'm very happy we have a skilled/faster team going into this tournament on a larger ice surface. Guys like Tom Wilson serve a purpose, but their strengths are neutralized on a larger ice surface and thus are rendered ineffective. Going with MacKinnon and Drouin will give us 3 scoring lines, and we have one hell of a checking line that can also score on you. I really really like this team.