View Single Post
Old
12-13-2012, 07:20 PM
vanuck
Griffiths Way Goons

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
That caveat is pretty important, he played on a team with Perry post-draft and had 85 points. The next year he was on a line with Schremp who was really the guy running offense (see playoff production).

I don't think somewhere between Malhotra, Laich and Bolland is that crazy of a thing to hope for. None of them are exactly offensive wizards in the NHL. Laich had two pretty decent seasons with lots of PP time, but he's basically a 45 point player. Pyatt plus physical play wouldn't be so bad either.
I still don't get how Bolland was able to produce so much in the playoffs that year they won... 16 point in 22 games is basically 2nd line production. For someone who's not an offensive wizard.

But even if Gaunce tops out as an excellent 3rd line center who can put up points and do it all I'd be really happy with the pick. Even if he's not offensively 'dynamic', I'd hope that his hockey sense and vision allow him to make up for it.

And about him never visibly being happy even when scoring a goal - he almost seems to be a Captain Serious of our own in that regard.

vanuck is offline   Reply With Quote