View Single Post
Old
12-13-2012, 07:44 PM
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes

vCash: 5949
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Yet how do we know that the Jets drafting and developing is any better? We have yet to see ANY results from the past two drafts to confirm this. For all we know, the our much lauded Jets drafting and developing may be worse than ATL's. I know this is kind of your point, just thought I'd point it out though. For all the talk about Scheifele, Trouba, Sutter, Lowry, Yuen, etc, we have nothing to show for it.

Now obviously you wouldn't expect there to be results yet, but it's impossible to say right if the Jets have legimately improved their developing or drafting versus ATL, is all I am saying.
I threw developing in to that statement just for a failsafe. You're right, we can't say that the Jets are better or even necessarily as good as the Thrashers at drafting, not yet. I think the development speaks for itself though. Even in their recent good years drafting Bogosian, Kane and Burmistrov, they still rushed them in to the league. The fact Scheifele wasn't rushed in to the league last year is evidence enough for me that the Jets have a better idea about development than the Thrashers did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by truck View Post
It was really the 2004-2007 drafts that were the problem for Atlanta. They had decent years both before and after that.

The 4 drafts from 2004-07 netted Little, Pavelec and Machacek. That's it. That sucks!!

EDIT

Forgot Postma. Still sucks.
Agreed. The delay between drafting and full contribution is often underestimated (likely due to guys like Toews, Crosby, etc that stepped right in and won cups). The Jets lack depth, pretty much across the board, because of what the Thrashers did in terms of drafting 5-8 years ago, not who they drafted in the last couple years of their existence. That's pretty much what I was getting at that it'll take a lot more than 2 drafts for the Jets to build this team if they're to outdo the Thrashers.

vBurmi is offline   Reply With Quote