Thread: Value of: Edler + Schneider
View Single Post
Old
12-13-2012, 07:56 PM
Cogburn

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
Quincey was a RFA and I think most agree Nashville overpaid for Gaustad. But it was a special situation where they had to show Suter and Weber that the team was going for it, in hopes of keeping them around.

Edler as a rental would probably fetch a 1st from a contending team, but I can't see much more added.
A first does us no favor. We'd want assets back that we can use to patch other holes if Edler is being moved. Just a thought from our side.

Edler = Gaustad is what you're saying? Yes, circumstances forced Poiles hand, but just a first at the deadline? Edler gets no love around here man. No love.

And an RFA Quincey wouldn't, on any planet, be worth Edler as a deadline rental. Look at other high profile players on the last year of a contract before UFA...I mean guys like Kovalchuk are much more valuable then Edler, comparing apples to apples, but if anyone thinks that a top pairing D, again as a rental, will fetch the same as an RFA top 4 (using the term loosely) Dman, I don't think anyones on the same page here then.

Edler is easily top 20 as a defender in this league, and I'd value him more then any other defender we have, if apples are apples.

Not to say we should expect the moon for a potentially UFA player we have every intention of resigning, but we should just keep him unless a team wants to pay what we need for him.

Cogburn is offline   Reply With Quote