View Single Post
Old
12-13-2012, 09:29 PM
penguins2946*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valarukar View Post
I've heard Brian Campbell and Duncan Keith comparisons as his ceiling and I'd say it's closer to Brian Campbell. I haven't seen him play much at all really, but noticed a couple of things. Seems like a very smooth skater, maybe even smoother than Letang, with less explosiveness though. Also, he seems to use his skating to thwart for-checkers and as soon as he can has that head up looking for passes he can make. He seems to make decisions with the puck on his stick very quickly. The thing I liked most about him when reading up on him was that he may be the best passing defenseman from the past draft, and it wouldn't surprise me if that turns out to be true. I think he could learn some things from Harrington as far as using his skating and smarts to defend because he definitely has the wheels to.
No, I think Rielly has that honor of the best passer, but the rest I agree with. I couldn't remember the comparison I heard, which was Campbell, so I just used Gogo, which works as well. I think I heard Morrow compared to Keith though.

penguins2946* is offline   Reply With Quote