View Single Post
Old
12-13-2012, 09:59 PM
Pseudonymous

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
Big, works hard, good shot, average skating but has done better to keep his feet moving lately, good hitter. Not particularly creative but has potential as an NHL 3rd liner. Not the greatest passer, probably needs to improve a little bit.

Good on the PP but needs to stay in the game better at times. Noticed several times today he wasn't ready for a pass — there was one time where Schroeder made a heavy cross-crease pass to him for a one-timer and Archibald seemed to be daydreaming as he didn't even get his stick on the ice in time to receive it, let alone shoot it. Other times seemed to be surprised to be getting a pass on the breakout.

Honestly, hard to find a lot to criticize about a guy that has 4 goals in 6 games. He has certainly earned them, not flukey at all.
How is his actual stick handling , does he handle it and shoot it like a player with stone hands who is limited to a third line? can he lift up the puck well when he shoots? or does he just swat at it like alot of grinders

hansen is an example, i feel players on the third line like burrows and hansen who dont just swat at it and have a good handle on the puck typically have a chance at breaking out from that 3rd line mold

I noticed in the game i watched him closely in, the guy was always going to the net and that was impressive