View Single Post
Old
12-13-2012, 10:04 PM
Tiranis

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudonymous01 View Post
How is his actual stick handling , does he handle it and shoot it like a player with stone hands who is limited to a third line? can he lift up the puck well when he shoots? or does he just swat at it like alot of grinders

I noticed in the game i watched him closely in, the guy was always going to the net and that was impressive
His shot is good, he can certainly lift it. I wouldn't say he 'swats' at it. Stickhandling outside of that? Grinder level, but I don't know that you can expect more from a big guy like him.

He does all the things coaches tell him to and works hard. Includes going to the net. I think the test will be consistency. As an example, Longpre was getting crowned as the next Burrows 2 games into the season but hasn't shown anything near that level of play since.

We'll see. I'm not a huge fan of making statements about players based on small sample sizes. Pretty much anyone at this level can put together an amazing 5 games once a season but that doesn't speak to their overall ability.

---

As far as breaking out of 3rd line mold, I don't think it will ever happen. His skating is not there and he doesn't have the hockey IQ for it. His tools are not Top 6 material either. He's very much a coach's player in that he'll do exactly what you tell him to — no more, no less. That makes him great as a Bottom 6 guy but it doesn't lend itself to Top 6.