View Single Post
Old
12-13-2012, 10:41 PM
surixon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by truck View Post
I have never been married to a specific time line for Scheifele, but I always figured he was a couple years away from NHL ready.

He still looks like a player that time will help IMO. He is cerebral and hard working, but I'm not sure he is where he needs to be physically.

He is bigger and stronger, but I don't think he is big enough or strong enough to play his game in the NHL.
Could be wrong.
I think he could contribute at the NHL level atm, but it would be in a specialized role lots of pp and high offensive zone starts against weak opposition.

I think he needs one more summer of filling out before he will be able to handle a two way role on the team against average opposition. Not worried with his development he is on track or ahead of the curve in most categories.

I'm also pretty happy with the development of our amateur players as a whole both in the CHL and NCAA. I am however pretty concerned with our crop of players on the rock, Imo only a few look like they will be NHL players at the moment and most only in depth roles.

surixon is offline   Reply With Quote